KEY CONFERENCE DATES
Call for Submissions:
December 3, 2018
March 11, 2019
April 1, 2019
October 1-4, 2019
Conference Program Chairs
Theresa Osypuk is a social epidemiologist, and her research examines why place and social policy influence health and health disparities. She studies the influence of racial residential segregation, neighborhood context, and social and economic policies implemented outside of the health sector, for their effects on health disparities across the life course. Read more
Professor Elizabeth Heger Boyle (Department of Sociology & College of Law, University of Minnesota) studies the role of law in the realization of women’s and children’s right to health, particularly in the global south. She has written extensively on the impetus for and impact of laws related to female genital cutting, and considered the impact of laws and international treaties on adolescent childbearing, vaccinations, under-5 mortality, and educational enrollments. Read more
Professor Boyle is committed to making comparative health microdata more accessible to researchers around the world at all types of institutions. To that end, she is the Principal Investigator (along with Dr. Miriam L. King) on IPUMS Demographic and Health Surveys (IPUMS DHS), funded by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Development (Grant 2R01HD069471-06), and IPUMS Performance Monitoring and Accountability (IPUMS PMA), funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Both IPUMS DHS and IPUMS PMA provide fully harmonized and well-documented health data to scholars for free. Professor Boyle is also currently collaborating with Dr. Matthew Sobek and partners at UNICEF to develop an online tabulator to simplify analyses with UNICEF’s Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey data.
Thank you for participating in the 2018 IAPHS Conference!
IAPHS wishes to express our appreciation to our Conference Sponsors, NAS and NASEM staff, and all those involved in the planning. We look forward to seeing everyone at the 2019 Conference in Seattle, Washington!
Visit Past and Future Conferences for archived material.
2018 Conference Sponsors
IAPHS Also Thanks:
- The 2018 Program Committee, led by Allison Aiello and Bob Hummer, for their vision and hard work in organizing the program
- Dave Kindig, Paula Lantz, Sanne Magnan, Lourdes Rodríguez, Bob Hummer and Allison Aiello for organizing the Symposium on Population Health Science in the United States: Trends, Evidence, and Effective Policy
- Shawn Bauldry, Lynne Cossman, and Julia Wolf for organizing the roundtables
- Theresa Osypuk and David Rehkopf for organizing the Poster Award judging
- Tiffany Green, JoAnne Dyer, Sarah Burgard, Anjum Hajat, Hedy Lee and Chris Bachrach for communications efforts
- The organizers of concurrent panel sessions
- The student volunteers assisting with registration and other conference activities
- IAPHS Administrative Director Sue Bevan for conference management
- NASEM staff Alina Baciu, Carla Alvarado, Kimani Hamilton-Wray, Hope Hare, and Patsy Powell for logistical support
- NAS Building audiovisual support staff